Director of Business Development
Alpha Development is an international financial services training firm, headquartered in the UK. Our clients are the world’s leading investment banks, insurance firms, sovereign wealth funds, private banks and asset managers. We offer global coverage through our team based in London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi – as well as an industry-leading network of Associate Faculty across our centres of operation including the US, continental Europe, wider Middle East, India, Hong Kong, and mainland China.
Alpha is setting its commercial organisation ready for accelerated growth, with the acquisition of new client logos playing a significant role in the strategy. This is a senior commercial leadership role, responsible for sourcing of the right, new, revenue generating clients.
The Business Development Director is responsible for a territory-led new business team who will seek out large deals, with the most significant financial services firms in the world. Key metrics include individual revenue contribution and team sales quota delivery
Demand Generation will play a key role in the sourcing of new clients and this role will be integrated into this function and report to the Global Director of Demand Generation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Develop a scalable and repeatable model for new logo acquisition across different geographies and segments.
- Lead a global team of Regional Development Directors to plan and execute regional activities, ensuring campaigns are delivered within agreed timescales and convert at the required level to deliver pipeline targets.
- Manage Regional Development Directors, including effective performance management, training and development and team working.
- Spearhead the development and execution of customer acquisition strategies across key geographies and territories,
- Maintain alignment between outbound sales and marketing efforts through planning, reporting, feedback and campaigns.
- Partner with Product Marketing and Content to develop and execute campaigns that advance Alpha’s go-to-market strategy.
- Understand and analyse the customer buying journey, to optimise engagement across all relevant touchpoints.
- Be the voice of the typical Alpha client customer and develop customer insights driven targeting strategies, messaging and creative that resonates with the pain points and needs of our target customers.
- Work cross-functionally to continuously refine demand generation process and SLAs, establish jointly agreed sales and marketing KPIs, manage and optimise lead lifecycle management and reporting to drive higher conversion rates and higher quality leads.
- Act as company role model, driving high standards between functions, use of systems and colleagues
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a B2B consultative business development including people leadership
- Significant track record of large, new client logo acquisition and delivery of personal sales quota
- Proven experience in leading both strategy and execution of ROI-based prospecting initiatives.
- An effective people manager with proven experience of managing distributed teams in multiple geographies and time zones to a high standard.
- Excellent understanding and experience of how to analyse and optimise conversion rates across the sales and marketing funnel.
- Proven analytical ability and a passion for diving into data to inform decision-making.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, with ability to seek out new ideas to solving tough
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network and build relationships across clients, colleagues, and key stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Track record of successful campaign development and execution on a global basis.
Experience / Knowledge preferred:
- Knowledge of the training industry.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Experience of Learning Management Systems, eLearning systems and webinar software.
- Experience of L&D, especially Early Careers.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they will act within Alpha’s values and will inspire others to do so.
- Team Focused
- Open and Honest
Reports To: (Global) Director of Demand Generation
Hours: This role is full time i.e. Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. 09.00 – 17.30 and flexibility with working hours and days will be required from time to time to suit client needs. International required from time to time as per business need
Holidays: 28 days per annum
Staff Benefits: Include health insurance & Gym membership contribution; pension scheme.