Managing Director (PR & Comms)
Base salary up to £100,000 + potential bonus OTE of £30,000 - £60,000
Based in Germany
Strong spoken and written English is essential
Relocation support paid
Headline of the Permanent Managing Director role
Excellent opportunity for an experienced big brand Director to join a truly international PR agency who excels at working with global brands across the consumer, B2B and corporate space. Based in Germany you will head up a team of 40 PR professionals split over 4 teams engaging with global brands daily.
Background of the ideal Managing Director
This role would ideally suit a seasoned director who is looking to make the move into a Managing Director role, or an ambitious PR Director who has hit the ceiling in terms of their progression with their current company.
About the PR Agency
This truly global PR agency who operates across five continents has a great reputation within both the consumer, B2B and corporate space. they support fully integrated campaigns for global, international and national consumer brands along with supporting local and national governments.
As Managing Director, you will be overseeing teams that support a whole host of brands such as major Consumer Lifestyle, FMCG, Tech, Retail, Travel, Media, Entertainment and Sport. My client has great plans in place and is continuing to grow fast so the need to show a previous big brand strategic eye is key. To support your daily role, you will also be able to lean on a global network of offices as you lead your teams to deliver clients’ briefs whilst also pitching and winning new clients that you can develop with your own style.
Key aspects of the Managing Director role
As Managing Director, you will be part of one big collaborative team that creates the stories that set the clients’ strategic brand goals. You will also support and match the demanding growth plans of their clients, so previous experience of working with global brands is also key.
Key requirements for the Managing Director
- Excellent general Consumer PR or B2B experience
- Strong client stakeholder skills
- Able to lead your teams from the front showing a strong motivational edge
- Process an excellent strategic comms eye across social media and PR
- Happy working and delivering to tight deadlines
- Strong grasp of financial and budget management
- The ability to show strong client management but still build key trusted relationships
- Superb eye for detail
- Able to deliver on KPIs
- Excellent day to day account management
- Ability to encourage a collaborative working approach
- The ability to produce creative and exciting client plans
- High level client counsel and management
- Line management and reviews
- Overseeing digital marketing and social media campaigns
- Running high profile launch/press events
- The creation of news generation
- Oversee global integrated campaigns working with the creative, social media and events
- Producing influencer campaigns and events
- New business strategy and pitching
- The development of creative campaigns
- A daily dynamic outlook
- End-to-end PR life cycle management
Other good to knows:
- This is a newly created position that will see you lead four motivated global PR teams each consisting of between 8-15 PR professionals
- You will be responsible for developing, planning and pitching to clients in addition to developing strategies that will acquire new business for the agency that you will then in turn lead
- The business language of this global PR agency is English, however additional language skills including German would be an advantage but are by no means essential
- My client will help support relocation costs to Germany
If you're looking to start a new chapter in your career and the opportunity to relocate and work in another country excites you, reach out and apply now
If you are interested in this Managing Director role and have the relevant skills and experience, or want to find out about other available roles, please do not hesitate to contact Steve Woodward (email@example.com).