Director of Business Development
Alpha Development is an international financial services training firm, headquartered in the UK. Our clients are the world’s leading investment banks, insurance firms, sovereign wealth funds, private banks and asset managers. We offer global coverage through our team based in London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi – as well as an industry-leading network of Associate Faculty across our centres of operation including the US, continental Europe, wider Middle East, India, Hong Kong, and mainland China.
Alpha is setting its commercial organisation ready for accelerated growth, with the acquisition of new client logos playing a significant role in the strategy. This is a senior commercial leadership role, responsible for sourcing of the right, new, revenue generating clients.
The Business Development Director is responsible for a territory-led new business team who will seek out large deals, with the most significant financial services firms in the world. Key metrics include individual revenue contribution and team sales quota delivery
Demand Generation will play a key role in the sourcing of new clients and this role will be integrated into this function and report to the Global Director of Demand Generation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network and build relationships across clients, colleagues, and key stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Track record of successful campaign development and execution on a global basis.
Experience / Knowledge preferred:
- Knowledge of the training industry.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Experience of Learning Management Systems, eLearning systems and webinar software.
- Experience of L&D, especially Early Careers.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they will act within Alpha’s values and will inspire others to do so.
- Team Focused
- Open and Honest
Reports To: (Global) Director of Demand Generation
Hours: This role is full time i.e. Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. 09.00 – 17.30 and flexibility with working hours and days will be required from time to time to suit client needs. International required from time to time as per business need
Holidays: 28 days per annum
Staff Benefits: Include health insurance & Gym membership contribution; pension scheme.