Job Title: Financial PR Account Director/Associate Director
Location: City of London
Salary: £50-70k + bonus
Headquartered in London, they are a leading communications agency with a 25-year track record of ensuring clients tell their stories to the people that matter.
They have highly qualified consultants based in their London offices serving a broad range of clients, including prestigious global corporations, private companies, and third sector organisations in the UK, as well as Asia, the USA and Europe. There are a variety of services on offer to their client, which includes media & investor relations; communications surrounding IPO, mergers & acquisitions; building brand awareness, as well as other corporate actions; content creation and reputation & crisis management.
The agency draws its consultants from journalism, business, and communications agencies – ensuring they can assemble teams with complementary skill sets and appropriate experience and capabilities.
The Financial PR Account Director/Associate Director
The Account Director/Associate Director will manage and oversee a PR team to ensure campaigns are delivered and service level agreements are met. Commercially minded and creative in nature, the PR Account Director wil be able to demonstrate a track record of building relationships with key commentators, industry spokespeople and senior journalists. The expectation will be to direct and lead PR projects and provide counsel to their clients. As a senior member of the business, there will be the expectation to explore opportunities for new business and grow existing accounts.
Duties of the Financial PR Account Director/Associate Director
· Senior contact for client accounts
· Managing client service and company performance
· Building and maintaining relationships with key media contacts
· Overseeing PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery
· Managing and delegating to a PR team
· Winning new business as well as developing existing client accounts
· Nurturing talent
Key Responsibilities of the Financial PR Account Director/Associate Director
· Key daily contact for clients
· Overseeing the media strategy and account development
· Providing support for agency growth, including the development of new business pipeline
· Developing senior press relationships and managing contacts
· Overseeing provision of account resources
· Offering crisis management and counsel to clients and extending networking opportunities
· Formulating business strategy in conjunction with other directors
· Leading and managing a team of PR professionals and account managers, including career counsel, performance reviews and professional development support
Skills required of the Financial PR Account Director/Associate Director
· Leadership and management skills within a PR environment
· Talent development experience
· Business development abilities with track record of success, including new client wins and pitching
· Keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers
· Able to handle a range of media
· Excellent project management abilities with strong organisational and planning skills
· Impressive negotiation and delegation skills
· Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
· Impressive interpersonal skills
Hours: This role is full time, Monday to Friday and flexibility with working hours and days will be required from time to time to suit client needs.
Holidays: 25 days per annum (plus UK public holidays).
Staff Benefits: Include health insurance; pension scheme; work to cycle scheme.