About The Internet Media Company
My client is a successful internet based company who specializes in connecting various businesses with journalists and PRs via an online social network on a subscription basis. As a Business Development Manager, you will have the chance to work with companies similar to Savills, Kodak and Sainsbury’s.
Working in a close-knit team, the company is dynamic and able to react to changes in the market very quickly. The successful candidate will be able to take ownership of the role by suggesting and implementing strategy as well as working closely with other business teams.
This position is currently remote until 2021 at least.
About The Business Development Manager Role
As a Business Development Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to excel in a supportive and successful environment working with some of the most respected clients across the country.
Key Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager:
- Planning sales strategy in line with current market conditions and company goals.
- Executing sales campaigns through various channels and successfully closing sales.
- Managing current accounts and renewing subscriptions whilst building relationships with clients.
- Networking with PR professionals and attending industry events.
- Managing and mentoring marketing managers and content editors.
- Working on selling sponsorship and delegate packages for an awards show sponsored by the company.
About The Successful Business Development Manager
If you are currently a Business Development Manager or have relevant experience in publishing or online media sales then this could be an ideal step in your career.
Desired Skills and Competencies of the Business Development Manager:
- Clear and confident phone manner and the ability to communicate and close with a wide variety of clients is a must.
- A track record of success and target based.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is ideal.
- Experience in one of property, home/interiors or food & drink is desirable.
- Excellent sales pipeline management skills.
The Business Development Manager will be offered a highly competitive salary paying up to £40k base salary with £70k OTE through commission.